About Jomsom Muktinath Trekking
Mukti means Salvation and Nath is the word for god. It is believed that all your miseries and sorrows are relieved when you visit Muktinath. Thousands of devotees make the journey to Muktinath seeking these blessings.
This sacred environment of natural and supernatural elements, attract Buddhists and Hindus pilgrims alike, as well as curious travelers. Wonders at Muktinath include 108 waterspouts or, Mukti Dhara, set into the surrounding wall, which pour out fresh waters from hidden springs; fire burns on water, fossils of primitive sea creatures in these mountains so far above sea level and thousands of kilometers from any ocean. Alongside, the three natural elements at Muktinath -- the spring water, natural gas fires and fossils, there is also a sacred grove of popular trees of the species Populus Ciliate, locally called Lekh Pipal or Bhot Pipal.
There are many ways to do the Muktinath Tour; Annapurna Foothills Treks designs Muktinath packages to accommodate all ages, budgets and preferences. For the adventurous, there are tours by jeep or by trekking. For those who want to reach Muktinath without a strenuous trek we even offer a Luxury Tour by Helicopter.
Attractions at Muktinath
In front of MuktinathTemple there are 2 Kundas (Water ponds). These are generally used for a holy bath and are believed to hold the power to wash away negative karma and the results of one’s past negative actions.
A little below the Muktinath Temple is the Tibetan-style Jwalamai Temple. This temple is famous for the water that issues from a rock inside it. Inside the Jwalamai temple are two eternal flames that burn continuously. These two flames, one coming from the rock and one coming from the spring of water, burn continuously. The Hindus believe these were lit by Brahma, the creator, himself, as he set water on fire.
To the left of the entrance into the Muktinath Temple is a monastery of Tibetan origin. Legend has it that the Syandol Lama, a monk from Tibet founded this monastery. It was used as a hostel for monks before it deteriorated. Later the people of Khinga and Jharkot restored it. The main deities worshipped at this monastery are Sakyamuni, Chingresig and Guru Rimpoche.
Near the end of the 18th century, a Hindu Guru by the name of Lord Shri Swami Narayan practiced severe penance for two and a half months in the Temple of Muktinath. Also known as a Satguru of Sabij Yoga, Swami Narayan attained the highest degree of proficiency in Nishkamvrat. In 2003 his followers built the new wall around Muktinath and raised a small monument for him at Muktinath.
Black stone fossils, or shaligram, dating back to the Jurassic age are found in the Kali Gandaki Gorge. You can also buy these fossils from the locals. Shaligram are sacred, as symbols of the Lord Vishnu, and are kept in ones pooja (prayer) room in the house. Kali Gandaki is worshipped as one of the holiest rivers. It consists of seven rivers supposed to have sprung from the Gandasthal, the cheek of Lord Vishnu.
Highlights of Jomsom Muktinath Trekking
- possible any time of year
- pilgrimage destination
- possible for all age groups
- maximum altitude: 3800m
- a glimpse into restricted area of Upper Mustang
- splendid views of Dhaulagiri, 8167m, Annapurna I, 8091m, Mt.Nilgiri, 7040m, Annapurna South, 7219m, Annapurna II, 7937m, Annapurna III, 7555m, Annapurna IV, 7525m, Hiunchuli, 6441m, Fishtail/ Machhapuchhare, 6998m, Tukuche peak 6920m, Lamjung Himal 6586m
Expand AllHide All
- Transfer from Airport – Hotel – Airport: Car, Van, Hi-ace or Coaster in a private vehicle.
- Authentic Nepali welcome dinner with Live Nepalese Cultural Program.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu, Two nights on Twin share Bed and Breakfast Basis.
- Accommodation in Pokhara, One night on Twin share Bed and Breakfast Basis.
- Accommodation during Trek ; local lodges 3 nights (Full board meals with twin-share rooms ,beds with comfortable foam mattress and pillows)
- English speaking experienced Sherpa guide (Govt. Trained/License Holder).
- One Sherpa guide-assistant if group size is more than 4 Trekkers.
- Porters: One porter for 2 Trekkers basis.
- Trek Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation.
- Personal insurance for Nepalese staff.
- Annapurna Foothill’s Duffle bag for Trekking.
- Annapurna Foothill’s Tshirt.
- Energy Supplies ( Snickers, Mars, Bounty) and Fresh Fruits on the Trek
- First aid medicine kit.
- Annapurna Conservation Fee, TIMS permits & all required permits or Official Documentation.
- All ground transfers Kathamndu – Besi Sahar, Nayapul- Pokhara and Pokhara- Kathmandu.
- All government and local taxes.
- Your Personal Travel Insurance.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Lunch & Dinner in cities - allow $ 10 to 14 for per meal in Tourist restaurants.
- Beverages (soft drinks, mineral water, boiled water and beer).
- Tips for guide, porters and driver (customary).
- Additional night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early return from Trek (due to any reason) than the planned itinerary.
|start date18 Mar, 2020||end date29 Mar, 2020||Available||$850|
Guaranteed - We already have trekkers booked for those dates and you can join the group.
Available - The date is available to book and once you confirm your trip it will be guaranteed.
Limited - The departure date is filling fast and only limited seats are available to join.
Closed- The Trip cannot be booked on that specific date. Contact us for customized dates.
The departure dates are your arrival dates in Nepal.
We have set dates for departure to the Amazing Jomsom Muktinath Trekking. So, pick your preferable date and let the adventure begin.
Jomsom Muktinath Trekking is available and can be done throughout the year. So, if the date you prefer is not listed on our departure dates then you can contact us directly to book the trip on your own desired date.
We have listed the price up to 12 trekkers at maximum. If you are more than 12 trekkers, then please feel free to contact us for amazing discounted group price and further booking process.
Private Trips to Jomsom Muktinath is possible on any date of the year. Contact us to design your own private trips with you loved ones.
Solo Trips: Single trekkers are always welcome to join the trek. On your arrival at Kathmandu, you’ll have a single room in Kathmandu Hotel as per your requirement and have to share a room at the local teahouses during the trekking.
- tell us
The Best Season for Jomsom Muktinath Trekking
The main trekking season is from February to late April and September to late November, however, the Jomsom Muktinath trek falls in the rain shadow of the Annapurna range, and can be done any time of year! Some prefer the seasons with fewer trekkers!
The Jomsom Muktinath Trekking is a Tea House/Lodge Trek
Accommodation is included in the cost of your package. Annapurna Foothills Treks takes great care to arrange the most comfortable accommodation possible throughout your stay.
In Kathmandu, our clients enjoy four nights in Hotel Holy Himalaya before and after heading into the remote regions.
During the trek, the nights will be spent in clean and comfortable tea houses with plenty of character and good food. There are plenty of fine hotels and lodges near Muktinath in Jharkot and Ranipauwa. Some Hotels have solar heated hot showers and provide rooms with attached bath. The local restaurants available there provide good food. For Hindu pilgrims there are also free Dharamsalas.
Meals on the Jomson Muktinath Trekking
Three meals a day are included during your trek. The menu will be fairly simple, but freshly cooked and hygienic. You can enjoy typical Nepali food as well as all types of international cuisine. Dinners and breakfasts will be provided in the teahouse/lodge where you spend the night. Lunches will be eaten in a teashop on the way to the destination of the day.
Drinking Water on the Jomsom Muktinath Trekking
While trekking, it is important to keep hydrated; you should drink at least 3 liters of water each day. In the Annapurna Region there are Euro-guard filters, so all you need is your own water bottle and you can refill it easily. We suggest you bring a supply of water purification tablets in case Euro-guard water is not available. We request that you avoid using bottled mineral water, as the bottles are not easily disposed of.
Spending Money per Day
Although it depends on your spending habits, you should allocate US$ 10 - 15 per meal in Kathmandu. On the trek, your meals are included, but you may wish to purchase extras which are not included in your package, such as chocolate bars, Coca Cola or a beer. US$10 - 15 a day should be enough, but keep in mind the cost of all items increases proportionately with the distance from the trail head.
It is strongly recommended to be sufficiently protected when you go into remote areas. You need specialized travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, injury, lost baggage, liability and medical treatment. Make sure the insurance covers all the activities that you will be undertaking during your stay in Nepal. Annapurna Foothills Treks and Expeditions Pvt. Ltd. can organize the appropriate medical response based on your policy.