Passport and Visa Requirements:
All foreigners require a visa for entry into Nepal (except Indian nationals). It is your responsibility to obtain the entry visa. You can get one from a Nepalese embassy overseas or on arrival in Nepal. Most people will obtain their visa on arrival to Kathmandu airport.
The following fees are applicable depending upon the duration of the visa:
- Multiple entry 15 days US$ 30 or equivalent convertible currency.
- Multiple entry 30 days US$ 50 or equivalent convertible currency.
- Multiple entry 90 days US$ 125 or equivalent convertible currency.
The updated visa fees decision was made by Nepal Government on 26 May 2019 which is being effective from 17 July 2019.
Valid Passport (at least for six months)
What you need to obtain a Visa on arrival:
You will require cash to pay the visa fee (this is payable in any major currency but NOT travellers cheques) and 2 recent passport size photos to purchase a Nepal visa on arrival at Kathmandu airport or at the Nepal entry point.
Visa Extension Fee:
- Tourist visa extension is done for minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.