About Himlung Expedition
Although Mount Himlung is a gradual, less-technical climb, at 7126 meters it is a significant challenge in the Himalaya of Nepal. Annapurna Foothills Treks is gearing up for Spring and Autumn 2020/2021 summit expeditions to the remote region of Mt. Himlung. This Himalayan giant is a perfect peak for someone with basic mountaineering experience and who is eager to try a high altitude mountain expedition in Nepal. This region ( Naar and Phu villages) was only opened for tourists in 2001, and until now, few expeditions have discovered the majestic Mt. Himlung. This is an expedition of stunning scenery and fascinating culture. You pass through evergreen forests, springs and cavernous rocky gorges while surrounded by high snow-capped peaks and glaciers. The inhabitants of this remote area which reaches up to the border of Tibet have retained much of the traditional Tibetan culture and religious beliefs.
Our Himlung Himal Expedition starts west of Kathmandu at Beshishar, 840m and follows the classic Annapurna Circuit trail up the Marshyangdi river valley to the village of Koto, before veering off into the Phu Valley of the remote Gandaki region. The ancient Tibetan settlements of Nar and Phu are nestled in the valley below the mighty Himlung Himal. You spend a day to acclimatize and explore this picturesque Buddhist settlement. On a grassy meadow high above Phu, is the Base Camp of Mount Himlung, at 4900m.
Our experienced and competent Local Sherpa Guides will take you through acclimatization by a process of properly paced ascents and descents, preparing your body physiologically to adjust to the altitude.
We will set Three more camps Camp I, Camp II and Camp III at 5450m, 6000m and 6350m repectively before attempting the summit of Mount Himlung. Although the ultimate goal is to reach the summit, our Sherpas' main priority is your comfort and safety.The itinerary is flexible to accommodate any health problems of the climbers and weather conditions on the mountain.
Planning to climb Mount Himlung in 2020 and 2021
We have Guaranteed Departures for Himlung Expediiton. We have few spaces available to join for our 2020 departures. We are looking forward to make a small group. If you are interested in joining the group please let us know. This small group is sure to be a lot of fun and it is a great saving too.Our Himlung Himal Expedition cost is $ 6500 USD per person, all inclusive price.
Highlights of Himlung Expedition
- technically straighforward ascent ideal for those wanting to discover how they perform on a 7000m peak.
- our Experienced Local Sherpa guides and support staff during the expedition.
- well managed support and logistics team in the mountain.
- base camp, Camp I , Camp II and Camp III is set before attempting the summit push.
- the trek to base camp passes villages with Tibetan villages of Naar and Phu.
Expand AllHide All
Himlung Expedition 2020 and 2021 :
Cost: 8,300 USD per person for service till to summit
1 member: 1 Sherpa
Cos: 6,500 USD per person for service till to summit
2members: 1 Sherpa
Cost: 3,200 USD per person for service till Base Camp
no service above base camp
- Airport – Hotel- Airport transportation.
- 4 nights hotel (3 star category) in Kathmandu on BB plan sharing basis (Twin Bed Room)
- National Park fees and Expedition permit.
- Annapurna Foothills Tshirt
- Camping equipment: sleeping tent and foam mattress, Dining tent, Kitchen tent and Toilet tent
- Dining Tables, Chairs and Kitchen equipments
- Three meals a day during the trek and camping (Morning tea or coffee, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Base Camp Manager, Cook, Kitchen boys and Porters for your trip.
- Camping and Kitchen equipment
- Heater will be provided at base camp for the dining tent
- Daily wages for Porters and all Nepali staff
- Insurance for Porters and all Nepali staff
- Equipment for Porters and Nepali staff
- Government Liaison officer, his all allowance, food, tent
- Nepali culture show with welocme and farewell dinner
- All the land transportation mentioned in the itinerary
- Gamow Bag and emergency oxygen
- Satellite phone service (pay calls)
- Celebration Dinner last night in Kathmandu
- Solar panel for batteries charges and lights
- Garbage Fee
- Annapurna Conservation Fee
(01 -22) Base Camp Services
(01-26) - for service till to summit
23. Above Base Camp, High Altitude Tents, High Altitude Meals, EP Gas burner and cooking pot for members
24. Himlung summiteers Climbing Sherpa
25. Walkie Talkie Permit
26. Group climbing gears, fixed and dynamic rope required during the climb.
- Your personal equipment for climbing & trekking.
- Your personal & medical insurance during the expedition.
- Lunches & dinners in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter if required
- Permits for Client's personal Radio set or Satellite phone
|start date12 Apr, 2020||end date09 May, 2020||Available||$5500|
Guaranteed - We already have trekkers booked for those dates and you can join the group.
Available - The date is available to book and once you confirm your trip it will be guaranteed.
Limited - The departure date is filling fast and only limited seats are available to join.
Closed- The Trip cannot be booked on that specific date. Contact us for customized dates.
The departure dates are your arrival dates in Nepal.
We have set dates for departure to the Himlung Expedition. So, pick your preferable date and let the adventure begin.
If the date you prefer is not listed on our departure dates then you can contact us directly to book the trip on your own desired date.
We have listed the price up to 10 trekkers at maximum. If you are more than 10 trekkers, then please feel free to contact us for amazing discounted group price and further booking process.
Private Trips to Himlung Expedition is possible. Contact us to design your own private trips with you loved ones.
Solo Trips: Single trekkers are always welcome to join the climb. On your arrival at Kathmandu, you’ll have a single room in Kathmandu Hotel as per your requirement and have to share a room at the local teahouses during the trekking.
- tell us
Why Climb Mt. Himlung with Annapurna Foothills Treks and Expedition?
- Annapurna Foothills Treks and Expeditions a Nepal-based owner operated company who can make your dream of reaching the summit of Mt. Himlung a reality for a reasonable price
- It is the perfect option for experienced, confident climbers want high quality services without the pricey sophisticated and nonessentials offered by international operators
- Annapurna Foothills Treks and Expeditions does not compromise safety
- We use only the best quality equipment in the market
- We take care of details of your expedition which will help you keep both comfortable and healthy
- One veteran Sherpa climbing guide accompanies each climber to allow maximum flexibility. Each climber can take advantage of a window of good weather and personal climbing pace
- Our Sherpa Climbing Guides are veterans of multiple 8000 meter summits.
Return to Kathmandu by Helicopter:
At the end of a long expedition, a quick flight by helicopter from Base Camp to Kathmandu is quite appealing. Helicopter flights are available at the climbers own expense. The cost depends upon number of guests, their load etc.
Oxygen and Medical
We carry top quality oxygen as well as oxygen mask and regulator for medical emergencies. We carry a comprehensive first aid kit throughout the expedition. Our guides are certified in first aid for high altitude. We carry a Gamow bag during the trek up to Advanced Base Camp, where it will be kept during the climb.
For the most part, you will only need to carry the items which you require during the day while climbing. Your Sherpa guide will carry loads (including your sleeping bag and a reasonable amount of your personal gear) between the camps.
Im Oktober 2018 habe ich zusammen mit meiner Lebenspartnerin eine Expedition zum 7126 Meter hohen Himlung Himal gemacht. Organisiert haben wir unsere Expedtion mit der nepalesischen Agentur Annapurna Foothills Trek & Expedition Agentur.Per E-Mail konnten wir vorab mit dem Inhaber Nigma Sherpa alle wichtigen Details klären, auch kurzfristige Probleme wurden perfekt gelöst (wir haben unseren Flug nach Nepal verpasst und waren somit erst zwei Tage später als geplant in Kathmandu). Als wir in Nepal ankamen, hatte die Agentur bereits alle Genehmigungen für unsere Besteigung organisiert.Auch den Weg zum Basislager konnten wir flexibel gestallten, das heißt wir haben in Phu auf einer Höhe von ca. 4000 Meter einen zusätzlichen Akklimatisierungstag gemacht. Das Basislager war bereits fertig eingerichtet, als wir dort ankamen. Im Basislager hatten wir ein Küchenteam, das uns hervorragend versorgt hat.Nach mehreren Akklimatisierungstouren konnten wir gut vorbereitet den Gipfel versuchen. Am 26.10.2018 haben meine Lebenspartnerin, unser Sherpa Rinji und ich den 7126 Meter hohen Gipfel des Himlung Himal erreicht. Für den Aufstieg haben wir zwei Hochlager genutzt.Insgesamt war das Wetter im Oktober 2018 sehr stabil. Es gab nur 3 Nächte mit leichtem Schneefall. Allerdings war es extrem kalt und sehr windig. Wir hatten eine persönliche Ausrüstung dabei, die normalerweise für Besteigungen von Bergen über 8000 Meter verwendet wird. Diese warme Ausrüstung war jedoch auch für den Himlung Himal notwendig, d.h. ohne diese hätten wir den Gipfel nicht erreicht.Insgesamt waren wir mit unserer Expedition zufrieden, nur manchmal hätte die Kommunikation mit den Sherpas vor Ort besser sein können, da die Sherpas nur sehr wenig Englisch gesprochen haben. Insgesamt waren die Sherpas aber sehr hilfsbereit und ich möchte mich hier auch nochmals für ihre Unterstützung bedanken.
I decided this expedition few days before they started....End it was good decision.My the best last minute trip ;-)) The small local company that offers a high standard of services.All team have done great job.The food was delicious.Climbing Sherpas were very helpful and they did hard work during peak attack.Finally I did not reached the summit. I was too slow...But I got more help from climbing Sherpa-Naong ,than I expected.Thank you once again for everyone.If you want to experience a beautiful time in Nepal just do it with Annapurna Foothills Trek & Expedition.You will not be dissapointed.
Great work by Annapurna Foothills team: master cook Pasan and his helpers prepared excellent food in BC; climbing Sherpas very helpfull at preparation and summit attack. Everything was OK except unusal cold weather :)Small group (4 members) much better than a big one. 2 poeple made the summit, 2 didn't (incl. myself - I gave up at 6920 due to extreme low temp. and wind).Hope to be again with the team in autumn 2019.Andrzej H. (Poland)