There’s an old catchphrase, “Nepal for all seasons” which is absolutely true because Nepal is divined with admirable natural beauty, affluence of wildlife and richness of culture and way of living. For sure, spring and autumn are the great time of the year to visit Nepal; exploring, hiking, short trekking in winter has its specific benefits. Visiting the UNESCO World Heritage sites around Kathmandu valley, Jungle safari and witnessing Tharu culture at Chitwan National Park, paying a visit to sacred Lumbini ( birthplace of Lord Buddha), hikes around the outskirts of Kathmandu valley such as Shivapuri, Chisopani, Nagarkot provides excellent hiking experiences with amazing sunrise and sunset views of the Himalaya. Treks around Annapurna region, most popular Ghorepani PoonHill, Ghandruk Loop, Mardi Himal, Khopra Danda, Annapurna Panorama and even the classic Annapurna Base Camp can be done. Langtang valley trekking is another jewel that you can experience in winter too. Trek to Everest region is also possible. But, one should be well prepared for the weather conditions. Winter trekking in Everest can be a life changing experience compared to trekking in main season like October or November. Need some more reasons to visit Nepal during winter season.
- The views of Himalaya will be at its best as it rarely rains in winter (December, January and February)
- Short Hiking around Annapurna, Langtang and Everest region will be majestic
- You’ll have no trouble getting rooms at Teahouses as the trails will be less crowded
- Experience the dazzling charm of culturally and historically rich cities of Kathmandu valley
- Great opportunity to celebrate the Christmas and New Year on the lap of Himalaya in Nepal with your loved ones
During winter, the temperatures may be colder, but the views are often at their best and elementary stuffs would be economical for any types of traveler. We the Annapurna Foothills Treks, organize special holidays for our valued guests including private and group city tour, day hiking, short trekking, Christmas and New Year special holidays, mountain flight and many more recreational activities during winter season in Nepal.